Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a week!


Its been a crazy week for me...thats why I have been rather quiet. We have had three public holidays this week and I mean three in a row, sounds crazy huh? Well, I worked all three and to make it even worse, I had three shows in a row in one day, it wasn't funny at all.

I had two major interviews; one with a Senator who was basically focusing on labor and employment in Nigeria, the second was with a couple of guys organizing a conference on sustainable development in Rivers State, (its part of the southern region in Nigeria). Now these interviews included phone calls and text messages and they were 30 minutes each. When I was done with them, I had to start another show called the Lounge which is basically a show filled with music and gist. By the time I was done, I made it public that I needed a raise.....loool.


Truth be told, I kind of felt I was being taken for granted because Im often swamped with work on the pretext that we are short staffed. Well, I have learnt to take it all in my stride knowing very well that as each day passes by, this season draws closer to an end.

More importantly though, I know that I do not labor in vain, I know its only a question of time because the good book says that in God's own time He makes all things beautiful. In the meantime I just got to be diligent, for only then will my desires be fulfilled.

Romans8:28 says that all things work together for the good of all those He has called according to His purpose so no matter what it is I just have to be grateful that it will pay off eventually.

"Lord, just keep me sane in the midst of it all".....looool

2 comments:

Ivana said...

Great week..I guess? hehehe...
Just remember to work hard but play harder,hehehe...

Florence Kayemba said...

Will try my best dearest!!! Looool....its not that easy to play hard here especially with a section of the population fighting for resource control (oil) and declaring a war. Its either they are kidnapping people or blowing up pipelines. Now they have declared a ceasfire, let's see how that goes!!