Saturday, October 4, 2008

Damage control


I read a really interesting article, a few days ago, that got me thinking....thinking about how I have spent a better part of my life doing damage control. I have made some really bad decisions in the past and some of them have had some really far reaching effects. I believe I have been working voluntarily for the Fire Brigade..,always trying to put out the fires in my own life, wasting precious time and energy I would have used in serving humanity...loool

Well, that particular article was written by Bishop T.D Jakes a couple of days ago. Here is an extract, Im sure it will get you thinking....


"Most people are always doing damage control with life. We work after the phone rings, after the cut off notice comes, after the marriage fails or after the child is in crisis.

But think a minute, aren't your tired of being on the back end of trouble? God wants to move you from MANAGING TROUBLE TO PREVENTION OF TROUBLE. You see most of what we face in some way tracks back to the decisions we made in the first place. No demon nor dark brooding figures- just you and I making fast decisions with limited information and then hoping against hope that all things will work out for good.

Sometimes things do work out, but sometimes they don't. How then do you increase the odds of winning more than losing?

The answer is in the choices you make.

Now most people don't wake up in the morning saying, "let me see how I can fail at something else today". But they might as well, if they keep making big decisions with little information about the person, the job, the choice or most importantly the particular outcome of the particular decision they have to make".

Well,thats that; NO MORE DRAMA!!

No comments: