Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lessons...............


Its the end of another day and I'm about to go to bed............yawwwwwwwwwwn! Been doing a lot of reflecting, this evening....been thinking about how this year has been and I came to one conclusion; its been extremely tough. I have experienced loss and I have experienced pain. I have had to deal with post traumatic stress; I had never grieved for my mother who passed on 4 years ago, I never quite dealt with it, but this year I had to. I had to deal with doing a job that I particularly had despised for a long time and I had to work with people whose ideals I never quite agreed with.

I have worked for 13 years plus and I had never quite experienced salary delays; I did for the first time this year and trust me, I felt like not only walking out of the job but walking out of the country too. I still experience those delays by the way and man has it become hard to plan my finances effectively.

I had always had it easy; my life always seemed predictable and I kind of enjoyed it that way but this year presented challenges that I wasn't prepared to face but thank God for His amazing grace.

Somebody once said, " how do you know if you're an overcomer if you don't go through battles? How do you learn to live by faith if you don't experience any difficulties?"

This year, I realized that God can never let you go through what He knows you can't handle. He will always give you the ability to deal with it, you may get wounded in the process, but you certainly will emerge victorious. There are times I cried my eyes out and wondered if I could even face the light of another day.

After some time, I knew that the only way I would be able to deal with the challenges, was through prayer and meditating on God's word. Thats the only way I would have peace. I knew there was no point in explaining myself to anybody; attempts to do that had proved to be counter productive so I chose to depend on God for strength.

No one understood what I was going through; I didn't either and thats when I knew that only He could deal with this so I handed it over to Him and since then, I have been a joyful and peaceful person. I have come out of my shell and extended help to others.

The challenges are still there but Im still here too!

Its been humbling and I know one day I will be grateful that this ever happened.

Have a good night

No comments: