Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friendship!


Its been a rather interesting week; I have met some really nice people and I have been inspired greatly by them. Some of them, I have known for years, but only reconnected with them this week, while the others are people I just met randomly. I believe this wasn't by accident for the Good Book says "The steps of the righteous are ordered of the Lord".

One of those friends is a gentleman called Edmond Kizito. I worked with Edmond in Radio One in 1998; he often encouraged me and shared with me the Word of God. I found him extremely insightful but we lost contact when he left the station and since then, we never really communicated till he surfaced on Facebook, this week.

We had a really interesting discussion; it focused on my professional development. Im a very restless person who gets bored easily and I have been feeling a little tired of "talking for a living" but some of the people I shared this with, were surprised because they felt that being a "celebrity" is extremely fulfilling; well it isn't.

Im glad that when i sought counsel from Edmond, he gave me a totally different perspective. This is what he said,

"You have to be prepared. The first signs of unease are not the real thing. Eventually God speaks to you clearly and then you know you really are ready to go and when that happens, you will find that there are people waiting at the door to take you to your destiny. And it pays and it is really satisfying because it is your final calling".

Well, if you're going through what Im going through, you will find Edmond's counsel extremely useful.......thats why I started this blog....to help you and I along this rather never ending journey!!! Happy Sunday!

No comments: