Sunday, August 17, 2008

Still learning...


Just finished reading a major news bulletin on air and looks like I murdered a couple of Nigerian names!!! Lol...been here three years plus...but I just cant seem to pronounce them properly all the time. No matter how much I practice, my tongue just gets twisted during my "BBC moment"; the time I feel that I can compete favourably on the international air waves..lol. I wish!!!

Well I had to come to work today..story of my life...wish I was being extra for that but alas, it is not so.

I couldn't go to church today, had to tidy up a couple of things so I decided to spend quality time with the Lord and I must say, it was a great experience!!!

My devotion today focused on the purpose of prayer. I have lifted an extract from "Rhapsody of Realities", a devotional published by the Believer's Love World Inc. and written by Pastor Chris and Anita Oyakhilome..so here goes:

"We pray because of the impact it has on our spirits. Look at Jesus, He was always praying even though He was hundred percent God in human flesh. He spoke openly about His oneness with the Father, He didnt merely pray to get God to do something for Him, or bring the power down, for He was the embodiment of divinity. Why then did He pray? He prayed because of what prayer did to His spirit. Everytime He came down from the mountain after praying, tremendous miracles followed because He had activated the power through prayer"!

There you are; more prayer, more power, less prayer, less power, the choice is yours!!!

Have a great week!!

See ya tomorrow

No comments: