Tuesday, August 19, 2008


I must start this post by apologising for the empty promise I made on Sunday; I promised that I would blog on Monday, but I didnt...too many issues!!!

First of all, I seem to be getting bored with my environment; I woke up this morning feeling bored and lonely...lol. Its not easy being away from home. I had to really psyche myself for work today and thank God for His grace, I managed to get my groove on and I had a fantastic show.

Life gets difficult sometimes, doesnt it? The problem here is that its not easy to make good friends..people will only be with you because there is something you have that they want. It could be anything ranging from your money, expertise and even your body!!! Scary huh? I believe if you can live here, you can live almost anywhere in the world. Port Harcourt is rather slow compared to Lagos but the level of insecurity is pretty high. Its advisable to keep a very low profile here or else you will be kidnapped!

Investigations conducted by security agencies have revealed that family members, househelps, drivers, friends and colleagues of the victim are largely responsible for these incidents. They tip off the militants and when the ransom is given, they share the loot. Strange things go on here....the daughter of the aide to the Deputy Governor of Lagos, recently staged her own kidnapping; when her father gave the kidnappers the ransom, they shared the loot. She had to confess afterwards though...lol. Absolutely ridiculous!

Kidnapping is big business in this country especially here in Rivers State; as long as your are a foriegner or related to a big shot, you really have to keep a low profile or else you will be kidnapped.

Well, yours truly takes it easy all the time...I have become slightly nigerianised!!! I can cook some Nigerian foods..not only that..i can do a little pidgin english so I kind of get lost in the crowd!! For how long, I really wonder...just watch this space!!! Lol.. have a great evening depending on what time it is in your part of the world!!

2 comments:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

You must be having fun in Nigeria ;)

Hi

Florence Kayemba said...

Well, I wonder if thats tongue in cheek!! I dont think Im having fun, Im only making the best of a rather interesting environment!! Lol