Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just wondering...

Its been a rather hectic start to the week!! I made up my mind to do whatever it is to the best of my ability no matter what the circumstances are. Sometimes, its so easy to get discouraged especially if you are as ambitious as I am. I love to get things when I want them but life is not always like that. Sometimes, you just have to wait and that can be a veeeeery painful process. Frankly, its only the grace of God that can keep you sane in the midst of it all. I have been living in Nigeria for over three years and if you havent learnt how to be patient and tolerant just by living here, then you will never learn.....lol.

I live in the Niger Delta region, Rivers State specifically. Almost every single day, one militant group or the other is threatening to cause mayhem in the country. Its either because a politician has said something they dont like or the Federal government is proposing to beef up security in the region. How can I forget to mention the people they kidnap all in the name of social justice; question is this, why dont they go ahead and deal with the leaders who are charged with the responsibility of developing the area. Where does all the revenue go? Beats me sometimes!!!

Thats why I love Nigeria; paradoxes!!!

No comments: