Wednesday, October 1, 2014

So 4 years later........

I'm ashamed to say that after more than 5 years, I have finally revived this blog. I must confess that when I joined Facebook, I got really distracted and shifted my focus there. I created and joined groups and often engaged in online debate but after all these years, I think I'm becoming bored. *Sighs*. My news feed has become saturated with the same old stories and opinions about what's right or wrong about Africa while others just tell us everything about what's going on in their life. Frankly, it is boring.  So today, I decided to come back home; I actually feel like the prodigal daughter. Thank you Blogger for having me back...I hope I will not run away again. I'm just grateful you aren't a jealous lover... otherwise you would have deleted this blog a long time ago.

Anyways, a lot of things have happened in my life since I stopped blogging. I remember my last post was on the election of the first African American President, Barack Obama...oh the fuss. I must admit that I too became a victim of the Obama mania but that was short lived : ). Thank God.

Well that's not what I want to write about today. I think Obama gets enough attention as it is...I don't need to add to it. I'm not a statistic.

I have semi-retired from the media about two years ago after more than a decade in the field; I say this because I haven't reached retirement age yet : ). I now work in the development sector full time and I must admit, it's been a rather interesting journey of self discovery. I think my world view has even changed...yap...as you will see my posts will be rather different this time.

Stay tuned : )

No comments: